Re: [SLUG] wireless for Linux

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan.heffernan@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 20:32:24 EST

Mike Manchester wrote:

>Does anyone have experance with setting up a wireless connection to
>Linux?
>I'm looking at a Netgear WE102 Multimedia Wireless to Ethernet Bridge.
>But can't find any information if it will work with Linux. Though I
>would intertain any compatable device that
>will work with Linux. I would like to attach this to a Linux router.
>
>Mike M.

I helped a wireless ISP setup some Aironet devices (802.11) 2 years ago
using Linux. We even made some Coyote-based LAN-to-Wireless
Masquerading routers to connect remote LANs to the Wireless WAN (or more
appropriately, MAN, as it only covered about half of Pinellas County).
 I also used some BusLink 802.11 pcmcia cards with Linux. They only
required insmodding the right modules. It was an easy setup.

--ronan