RE: [SLUG] CMOS lost power

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 17:01:01 EST

RESOLVED:

After I wrote the last post below, I took a look at the motherboard
where I thought I put the jumper. The jumper I thought I "put back"
was actually a rogue jumper that fell off a parts bin. I knew this
because I've never touched any of the other jumpers, and they all
looked different than the one I replaced. It works now. It turns
out, the power supply for the CMOS is housed inside a Dallas
Semiconductor Real-Time Clock package (looks like a little black
box-like chip). Here's how my search went:

http://www.motherboards.org (no information from my BIOS number search)
http://www.award.com (redirected to Phoenix; new owner of Award)
http://www.phoenix.com (to System Software tab and then you *must*
click on the Products tab)
http://www.phoenix.com/pcuser/awardbios/Award.html (Clicked Award BIOS)
http://www.phoenix.com/pcuser/phoenixbios/motherboard.html (Clicked
AwardBIOS Motherboard Manufacturers. My motherboard identifies as a
Biostar motherboard manufacturer)
http://www.biostar.com.tw (where else would they be made?)
http://www.biostar-usa.com (selected the USA site and went here)
http://www.biostar-usa.com/Support/support.htm (clicked on Support)
http://www.biostar-usa.com/museum/Museum_Index.htm (clicked on Museum)
http://www.biostar-usa.com/museum/MBManuals/8400UUD/8433UUD_Manual.htm
(somewhere on their website they said there is white lettering
identifying the model number, so I managed to find this, and here it
is!)

That's it.

Mario