Re: [SLUG] NAT: It works!

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 00:11:04 EST

Thank you Derrick! You're awesome...Thanks also go out to Larry Sanders and
Cherie Amon, along with Mario Lombardo for the humor and the feeling that I'm
not the only one to do particularly geeky stuff just because I can :-)

I got the script working just fine, but when it's active it kills my smtp
mail sending...I guess I'll go through the firewall presentation to figure
out how to add a rule to allow mail to be sent via smtp.

On the machines behind the firewall, I had to do some basic configuration of
dns, since names wouldn't resolve...

Another question I have is about how to make it activate when I boot up. I've
thought about putting it in my /etc/init.d (since that's where debian puts
its startup files), but it doesn't really fit, since running the script
always has the effect of turning on the firewall.

We should start another thread to address these issues, I think...

Thanks again...

Russell Hires