Re: [SLUG] CMOS lost power

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 01:41:15 EST

Yep, I've done that. For those of us that are desperate when we
break battery leads, there are companies that have $60,000 (that's
what the owner said) spot welding machines that put new leads on new
batteries or old ones. They make their own batteries to your
specifications. I brought three dead computer batteries with broken
leads to D&D Battery in Largo. It cost me less than ten dollars for
three new ones, and they worked fine. They even showed me how they
make them; spot welding, tape and heat shrink tubing sometimes.
http://www.4batteries.com/

I'm sure there are similar manufacturers in your area.

Mario