Re: [SLUG] need RH 7.2 boot disk!

From: Seth Hollen (seth@hollen.org)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 21:03:03 EST

I found my boot disk and tried using rawrite and the boot.img.
I also used the options "linux 1 root=/dev/hd(whatever) initrd=" and "linux
1 root=/dev/hd(whatever) initrd= fstab="
nothing works. I get a kernel panic.

here is what I need to do. Get to a command line where I can edit my
/etc/fstab. But I need to get it there w/o mounting /dev/hda4 it's a fat32
partition that (I think) is getting treated like a ext2 partition and
that's whay it locks up while mounting the file systems?
I'm hoping it can be a command I pass to it a bootup.

Any Ideas?
Thansk people!!!!

Seth
seth@hollen.org