Re: [SLUG] need RH 7.2 boot disk! UPDATE: fixed!!

From: Seth Hollen (seth@hollen.org)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 22:15:30 EST

I fixed it!! I'm sending this from Evolution 1.0.2
Sometimes the talented are really just lucky.

OK I learned something here. I was getting ticked as Everything people
were recommending wasn't working. I was at the same error message I was
getting during a normal boot up when I hit ctrl-d, AND it continued up
with a normal startup! I got to a GUI even. I fired up VI edited my
fstab to read /dev/hda3 /mnt/wina vfat rw,auto 0 0 and rebooted and all
works now.

the problem was I had /dev/hda3 /mnt/wina vfat rw,auto 1 2 in my fstab,
which someone pointed out to me caused it to try and run fsck on a vfat
partition.

Thanks for all your Help everyone!!!

Seth

--