Re: [SLUG] Telnet and the Internet

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 23:36:37 EST

Setting up DNS on a small private network with static IP's would involve
setting up dns lookup and dns reverse lookup files for your network, and
adding zone block statements for your network to the named.conf file
along with a forwarding statement. The forwarding statement directs
your nameserver to forward everything except lookups for your network to
your ISP's nameservers. If having some template files to
cut-and-replace would help, I can send you a copy of old ones of mine.

_simple_ operation is a relative term. Somebody who does this a lot
(not me) would consider this trivial.

-Robert