[SLUG] KDE vs. Gnome

From: Robin (Roblimo) Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 23:39:29 EST

> Do you have any hard stats to back this up? (I'm not trying to be rude,
> but all I've ever heard on this is opinions, never stats or real facts.)
>
> Paul

I have no hard stats to back up my contention that KDE is far more
popular than Gnome on office desktops. I don't think there are any
accurate stats on the subject. But:

1) Every commercial Linux desktop installation I have ever seen with my
own eyes used KDE.

2) KDE is the default desktop for both Mandrake and SuSE.

3) The FAA and other federal agencies now testing Linux with an eye
toward wide deployment are all using KDE on their test machines.

Maybe I should make KDE vs. Gnome vs. other desktops a Linux.com poll.
Not very accurate, but better than nothing, right?

- Robin