Re: [SLUG] http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/02/08/231223

From: Robin (Roblimo) Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 21:36:09 EST

> There is a link on Freshmeat to this page and two links off it ... neither
> one of which seem to go to McAffee in any sort of direct fashion. I wanted to
> read more on the topic so I went to McAfee ... and if they have found the
> first ever Linux virus, their home page sure doesn't reflect the news.

It was a ZDNet "Five years ago today" story link that was posted in
error. I have removed it.

The "Bliss" virus was a near-hoax that McAffee tried to blow up into
something more than it was so they could sell stuff to Linux users.

Remember, virus protection companies are alarmists by definition.

- Robin