Re: [SLUG] http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/02/08/231223

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 22:48:54 EST

On Friday 08 February 2002 21:36, you wrote:

> It was a ZDNet "Five years ago today" story link that was posted in
> error. I have removed it.
>
> The "Bliss" virus was a near-hoax that McAffee tried to blow up into
> something more than it was so they could sell stuff to Linux users.
>
> Remember, virus protection companies are alarmists by definition.
>
> - Robin

Thanks Robin ... I am getting ready to "go live" with my first webserver and
getting a little paranoid. Check that: I'm getting a LOT paranoid. This one's
for all the marbles and right now my nerves aren't up for too much in the way
of McAfee's non-sense. They are one of the reasons for parting company with
MSFT ... between the MSFT patches and the McAfee and Solomon and Symantec and
scan & clean stuff I was turning into a full time sysad anyways so I figured
I might as well work at fixing systems that would STAY fixed for a few days
at a time so I could do something productive, too. I was spending all my
spare time and far too much of my money just keeping the dark blue night
light burning.

I figure to fire up this web site, sell stuff and use the money to pursue
more meaningful goals ... like play Quake. :-)

Bill

--
We're sorry, but due to ongoing security concerns, we no longer accept e-mail
attachments created by Microsoft applications. Please accept our apologies for