[SLUG] http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/02/08/231223

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 21:17:01 EST

There is a link on Freshmeat to this page and two links off it ... neither
one of which seem to go to McAffee in any sort of direct fashion. I wanted to
read more on the topic so I went to McAfee ... and if they have found the
first ever Linux virus, their home page sure doesn't reflect the news.

Does anyone have any further info? The teaser is exactly that ... a teaser
with nothing solid to chew on.

McAfee finds first known Linux virus
Friday February 08, 06:27 PM EST    [ Security ]
ZDNet UK: " Bliss manifests itself by overwriting Linux executables with its
own code every time it is executed. Files cannot be recovered and files
created in other operating systems and stored on Linux servers can also be
corrupted. McAfee claims several Bliss infections have been reported and
believes the virus originated from a research project. The company has
released a version of its VirusScan product for Linux for free download from
its Web site."

Bill

--
We're sorry, but due to ongoing security concerns, we no longer accept e-mail
attachments created by Microsoft applications. Please accept our apologies for