Re: [SLUG] http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/02/08/231223

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 22:15:14 EST

On Friday 08 February 2002 21:17, you wrote:
> There is a link on Freshmeat to this page and two links off it ... neither
> one of which seem to go to McAffee in any sort of direct fashion. I wanted
> to read more on the topic so I went to McAfee ... and if they have found
> the first ever Linux virus, their home page sure doesn't reflect the news.

Forget it ... ancient news ... and factually wrong, to boot.

http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/bliss.shtml
http://math-www.uni-paderborn.de/~axel/bliss/
http://math-www.uni-paderborn.de/~axel/bliss/mcafee_analysis.txt

There is a simple test for this virus / worm / trojan:

[bill@a bill]$ cat /tmp/.bliss
cat: /tmp/.bliss: No such file or directory

--
We're sorry, but due to ongoing security concerns, we no longer accept e-mail
attachments created by Microsoft applications. Please accept our apologies for