Re: [SLUG] Bah!!!! was 35 bucks now its 6!

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 00:08:07 EST

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 06:21:17PM -0500, Logan wrote:

> Hello All,
> Barnes and Nobles in Sarasota has "Linux In A Nutshell 2nd Edition,"
> and "Perl/TK" (the ostrich book) books on sale for six bucks. I paid
> 35 for my "Perl/Tk," book two years ago. Anyway, I just thought I would
> let you know. Newbies will definitely find the "Linux In A Nutshell,"
> handy.

Well, I wouldn't say that _Linux In A Nutshell_ is a good book from
which newbies can learn about Linux, but it's an excellent reference
book. I keep one on my desk at home and one at the office. Even if you
can get hold of older editions, they're still worth it. Sections on
standard commands, shell commands, sed, awk, and the latest editions
have sections on Gnome, KDE, fvwm2 and CVS/RCS.

Paul