Re: [SLUG] DHCP or BIND - Wally can do it too!

From: Bill Triplett (btt@nethouse.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 09:51:48 EST

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 12:19:29PM -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Josh Tiner wrote:
>
> > He sighed with releif - IP addresses were being assigned with no problems!
> > The boss was happy that Wally pulled it off. He could now surf "sites of
> > questionable interest" on his laptop in the comfort of his big boss office

DHCP was one of the great learning experiences for me at work. For
kicks one day I put a DHCP server on our network to "see what would
happen". Suddenly it seemed like everything except the toaster was
trying to get an IP... printers, especially. By doing this I found out
that the HP switch (that, at the time, I though was a really neat
looking hub) had this whole telnet interface with _all kinds_ of wild
options.