Re: [SLUG] Re: backup of linux files

From: Andy Woeber (scoville300@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 13:07:00 EST

On Sunday 17 February 2002 10:29 am, you wrote:
Wow, thanks for a good introduction. I currently do not use the network
capabilities of linux as yet and have only a local machine. I like the idea
of doing incremental backups and would like to use the cron scheduler to
perform them. I need a safe way to test a backup because I used the "dump"
program and it detroyed the RedHat filesystem. I probably only need to make
a monthly backup of system files and possibly a daily or weekly backup of the
home directory. Is there a GUI interface for Amanda backup?

Andy