Re: [SLUG] ISA Ethernet troubles (again)

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 20:30:57 EST

On Sunday 17 February 2002 01:17 pm, you wrote:
> What eth card is this? Sounds like you're using the wrong module!
>
> Glen
Well, it turns out that I have to tell the kernel (or whatever) exactly where
to find the module (as in,
insmod /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/drivers/net/3c509.o). I don't understand
exactly why that is, since I built the kernel from source. The kernel should
know where to find its modules. How can I get the kernel to find the right
modules at boot time?

Yeah! One problem solved (my ISA ethernet finally works) and another begins...

Russell