[SLUG] A ggod one for all of you,,

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 08:43:43 EST

As you may or not recall, about a year ago I had a slow system which
required months to 'speed' up. Thanks to many of you it has been operating
splendidly. It was not one particular issue but the sum of many that made
the difference.

We have added many programs and files to the system and as a result the
system is again 'sluggisn'.

We have one file that most of the others access when updating or printing
reports. If I could 'stick' that file in ram in total, I could speed up my
seeks dramatically. I recall a few years back that was possible with SCO or
was it Unix?? I don't recall.

Do any of you have any experience in keeping a data file in ram
continuously?

Michael C. Rock