Re: Morser -- was: Re: [SLUG] DHCP question - text 2 speech??

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 18:41:08 EST

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 07:54:41AM -0500, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

<snip>

> I want voice
> recognition so badly... friends have tried... it has never actually
> installed and run...

I've never understood this. What would you use it for? Dictating
articles? If someone was in a cubicle next to me talking to their
computer, I'd probably want to bonk them after a short while. I get
irritated enough having to listen to other people's cell phone calls in
the grocery store, restaurant, mall, etc. (Wow, do I sound like a cranky
old geezer or what?)

Paul