Re: [SLUG] IP spoofing and tracking

From: ter swartz (ter450@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 10:27:13 EST

"Un-spoofing" can be difficult...that is the purpose
of "spoofing"...depends on the origional persons
methods, as well as the "middle-man" (who's ip is
being "spoofed"). Actually, I would suspect a more
serious offense, in your friends case, which is DoS
attach (denial of service). This can get you time.
The person who is being "spoofed" should be contacted,
and make sure that they have anti-virus
protection...viruses are an easy way to be vulnerable.
 Free good one is at "www.grisoft.com". Assuming they
are using a Gates ware box, get a firewall! It is a
must. I recommend "ZoneAlarm", free for home users.
Great web pages that will give you some 411 on this
are these three: "www.antionline.com",
"www.astalavista.com", and "grc.com". The last site
has been attacked frequently and has detail log of
incedences.