[SLUG] Loading the General GUI

From: David Roth (droth@sarasotamagazine.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 09:26:26 EST

Hi:

Linux is a mystery to me. A colleauge just gave me RedHat 7.0 - its been
installed with all its options for servers, etc... and I have restarted to a
login then a dos prompt? I understand there is a windows type GUI for the
OS? Can someone tell me what to type at the prompt to load the GUI? or a
brief overview of the OS and its GUI's? Web service is our end result and
possibly email service.

We would eventually like to migrate from Win2K and possibly host our own
sites, but I'm at square one with Linux.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Roth
MIS/IT Manager
Gulfshore Media Inc.