Re: [SLUG] Loading the General GUI

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 09:47:24 EST

David;
If the everything has been setup you can just type
startx
and the gui will load. For administrating the server
have a look at webmin at www.webmin.com This is a very
easy way to setup the Linux system and also allows you
to do it remotely. You can also setup Linux to startup
in the gui. I think you can do this through webmin or
you can edit the /etc/inittab file and change the
following line id:3:initdefault the number 3 being the
default runlevel. The number 3 could also be a 2,
depending on the default runlevel you now have. Most
are set at 3 when not running the gui. You would
change the 3 to 5 and save the file. NOTE before doing
this backup the file. I would suggest just starting
from the command line until you get familiar with
Linux, or have someone with knowledge of Linux to make
the change for you.
Mike M.

=====