Re: [SLUG] New newsforge stinks

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 23:36:24 EST

On 19 Mar 2002, Derek Glidden wrote:

> Now I don't have a good homepage anymore... :(
>
> Maybe I'll have to start my own linux news site.
>
> What do the rest of you have for homepages with good
> tech/linux/free-software summaries of news from around the net?

I start at: http://www.colug.net and scan the left column

Then I click the alternating link at the bottom for the other
linux new site

Then I click BACK and then Links at the top.

I click On The Lighter Side on the left, then UserFriendly and
read the cartoon

Then I click BACK and Geek Hangouts on the left, then The
Register, looking for a new BOFH

Then I click BACK, and scan Slashdot with a high threshold --
no goats.ex, no first posters -0- the moderators do a
generally good job. I seem to get offered and I take the
meta-moderate every day.

all done. About 15 minutes.