Re: [SLUG] Help with NT drivers for a Sony FX3

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 10:07:48 EST

Ramiro,
If they are sticking to NT 4.0 and it is going a fairly new PC less then 2
years old they may have to except that the fact they are SOL.
Because hardly anyone still makes newer devices that support that OS anymore
as it is over 6 years old. Also since support for it stopped a year ago.

They will have a few options.
1. Change the OS they are using and maybe now would be a good time to switch
to L I N U X .
2. If they choose to stick to Microsoft Solution go to 2000 which has better
driver support then NT 4.0
3. Return the Sony's and go with a Model that is supported 100% Which again
at this time I doubt Sony will have a NT supported laptop.
4. Go with a Dell Lattitude which does support almost any OS.

Also Sony has a problem being a reliable Laptop after 2 years they Displays
usually fail and also the Batteries usually go out.
Most Businesses will got with a Dell or Compaq Armada. Now there is a few
that such as in Robin Miller or Tina's case where a
HP laptop is another good choice.

The best thing I suggest is to do is check {Cough Microsoft's HCL Hardware
Compatibility List} or The manufactures web site first hand. Or you can
check the devices website such as Lucent or whom ever made the modem
chipset.

Good Luck.
Bill Preece