Re: [SLUG] Booting from CD with Windows XP

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 00:11:16 EST

Robin if you press f10 while powering the Compaq should boot to the bios
setup
once in there you can change the boot order. Most Compaq's the f10 is the
Bios setup.

This should allow you to boot to cd rom after you change it. If you can not
get it to do so
you should them perhaps try to download a utility called delpart.exe using
google to find
a site with it or i can send to you. You then can put this on a bootable
floppy then you need to
copy the fdisk utility on this as well. Then you can boot with this and type
delpart and blast the partition
and then fdisk to kill the boot sector and you are with a drive like new.