Re: [SLUG] worth of firewall-in-a-box hubs?

From: doc (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 20:58:56 EST

The SMC Barricade SMC7004AWBR gets a real mixed review at:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/reviews/smc7004awbr.asp

Pros: - Supports 64 & 128bit WEP
- Built-in Windows/LPR print server

Cons : - Doesn't support bi-directional printer functions
- 45% throughput decrease with WEP enabled
- Still can't attach external "booster" antennas

Have you observed this? Under what conditions might one notice
the throughput hit?

doc