RE: [SLUG] computer building kits?

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 14:20:48 EDT

I've done some of that in my spare time,a nd your best bet is to talk
with the parents, and see how much they want to spend on this system.
Then take the kid and go shopping for parts with them, and show them the
differences between the parts, what does and does not go well togather.
Then order the equipment. Once it gets there, have the kid open the
boxes and start building. I've done this several times with both
teenagers, and adults, and it's been a very positive experience for both
myself and the "student". Also, it seems to be a lot of fun.