[SLUG] Verisign Scam

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 21:42:24 EDT

Most of you have probably heard of this (I think I'm always the last to
know these things), but for those of you who don't....

Verisign (Network Solutions) is sending snail mails around, telling
people to renew their domain names. Trouble is, 1) those domain names
weren't registered with Verisign in the first place, and 2) the
renewal date is considerably sooner than the actual renewal date of the
domain. Of course, if you look on the back of this, in very small type,
it says that by signing it, you authorize Verisign to _transfer_ your
domain name from whomever now holds it.

So I'm pretty much ready to transfer all my domains to those honest
(cough!) guys at Verisign, dontcha think?

Paul