Possible fraud report ... was: Re: [SLUG] Verisign Scam

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 22:37:22 EDT

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Verisign (Network Solutions) is sending snail mails around, telling
> people to renew their domain names. Trouble is, 1) those domain names
> weren't registered with Verisign in the first place, and 2) the

It is not at all clear that VeriSign sent it. I received
several of these forgeries -- check the Full headers -- looks
like a pure fraud with a web interface for the gullible. I
have spaced out each header line -- although a Reply-To is
set, the web URL is to:

   http://inte-net.com/vs/migrate.cfm?id=5HPR5HPR1365RPH5h&link=0418T1

Hunh --
Registrant:
INTEGRAM (INTE-NET-DOM)
   8421 Hilltop Rd.
   Fairfax, VA 22031
   US

INTEGRAM != VeriSign or NSI --- link is NOT https -- I think
it is a straight hijack attempt, in hopes of harvesting credit
cards

-- Russ