Re: [SLUG] new MB BIOS problems

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 18:07:15 EDT

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Couple words of warning make sure your fan is approved for that speed
> of processor or it will cook and take the mb right out! I would not
> attempt to run with out a fan on the cpu even for 15 seconds it will
> start to fry.

Seems that might have been the culprit. (Aside from the fact that I had
to manually set the DRAM Timing to 133MHz since it would not auto-detect
it.) It would freeze up in the middle of doing some BIOS settings and
force a hard reboot. Now that I added the fan back into the mix it seems
to be going okay. Thermal compound is inbound, so things should start
getting better soon (I hope).

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com