Re: [SLUG] new MB BIOS problems

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 16:23:12 EDT

Couple words of warning make sure your fan is approved for that speed of
processor or it will cook and take the mb right out!
I would not attempt to run with out a fan on the cpu even for 15 seconds it
will start to fry.

On Tomshardware.com they show a mb with a Athlon cooking from the heat they
build up.

BTW Anyone on the list have a athlon 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 200fsb they want to
get rid of cheap let me know please.
I can not use a 266 fsb as the MB I have will not support it and yes even
with flashing the Bios.

Thanks.
B.Preece