[SLUG] new MB BIOS problems

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 14:33:08 EDT

Anyone out there terribly familiar with BIOS problems?

I just picked up an Abit KR7A MB and an Athlon XP 2000+ processor. I had
to flash the BIOS to a newer revision just to get an option for this
processor. However, after saving CMOS and exiting, the MB won't post at
all. I am required to clear the CMOS (via jumper) and revert to the
default settings just to get it to post.

On reboot, the system just hangs dark and silent. When I clear the CMOS
and start over, of course, I select the current processor settings (FSB
and multiplier) and the same crap happens when I save and reboot. It's a
never-ending cycle.

Oh, the DRAM settings say the FSB is 100MHz (but DRAM timing is 133MHz)
which doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but what do I know?

Anyway, that's that...

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com