[SLUG] warning!! and question

From: Seth Hollen (Seth@hollen.org)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 16:25:52 EDT

be careful opening that large earth image. I tried to open it in the
gimp and next thing my PC was rebooting!
I have 256MB of ram and a gig of sswap space.
Now I know the image was larger than my ram but I thought it might crash
the gimp, maybe even kill X but to just suddenly reboot is a bad thing.

I using RH7.3 beta2 any advise? (besides dont open such big images?)

Seth