[SLUG] CD-RW Drives and LINUX

From: David R. Meyer (david@crbtechnologies.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 17:25:33 EDT

Good Sunday Afternoon,

I have two questions. What does everyone think the easiest overall form of
LINUX is for home users not familiar with LINUX? I have heard Mandrake
seems to be fairly popular and would be easy to use for someone who is a
novice.

Along the same lines as that, does anyone know of CD-RW drives that are
compatable with LINUX? I've got a home user who I am building a system for
and she is determined to have a CD-RW drive. I just can't find one that
seems to be supported by LINUX. Am I just not looking in the right places?

Thanks,

Dave