Re: [SLUG] Question about firewalls and ports.

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 17:09:02 EDT

The short answer to that is that you start of by telling it that every port
is blocked. Then you can say open this and that. You can do it the other way
around as well all open and block this looong list. (Guess which is handier
to use?)

You have a good number of firewalls available. Presumably you want to use a
linux fw. I prefer OpenBSD but that's just me. Another one I like is
freesco.com. Simple but decent fw that fits on a floppy.

--

Steve ________________________________________________________ HTML in e-mail creates out-security, and more spam. By using it you teach others, less knowledgeable, that it's safe to use.