Re: [SLUG] Reviews of New Suse 8.0?

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 22:40:11 EDT

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. It certainly installed
differently on 2 different machines. I like the new stuff (KDE3), but it
seems like I had to do a lot of configuring by hand. On one machine it did an
upgrade no sweat. On another box it refused to acess the drive and complained
about the reiserfs partition that I had set aside as a mount for /home. I
ended up letting it reformat the drive. Both boxes had suse 7.3 on them. I
would detail some more, but I'm tired and don't even know if this will make
it out, so I won't write much more. It's a nice upgrade, but like last
time/release, make sure you have all your data backed up.