Re: [SLUG] Simple drafting program

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 08:05:05 EDT

On Saturday 27 April 2002 08:20 pm, you wrote:

> In a review of Open Office I said the drawing tool wasn't strong enough
> for drafting work and immediately got email from two architects who said
> it did everything they needed

Really? That must mean it has dimensioning? Cadd is one of the holdouts for
me. I would love to have a decent scriptable cad proggie for Linux.
It wouldn't even have to be open source... speaking of which, what's the
story on Linuxcad? The demo seems to be a popular download, but there are
some people of the opinion that the comany's advertising practices aren't
exactly up to snuff. Most of the stuff I saw was a year or two old and I was
just wondering if anyone knew if things have changed. ?

> My wife, the artist in the house, also likes it. But she married me* so
> her judgement may not be all it should be, eh?
>
> - Robin
>
> * of her own free will and she wasn't pregant. Honest.
Hehe, I wonder the same about mine. I think she keeps me around so's I can
keep her card and word games running.