Re: [SLUG] Cheap Linux boxes by the dozen?

From: Daniel Robson (julidan@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 19:35:05 EDT

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 15:41, bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> Ben ,
> I am sure TCWO aka Thompsons should be able to do these quick and they would
> have a 2 to 3 year warranty .
> Next you can get 10/100 Smc nics that work fine with Linux at best Buys for
> 12.99 to 15.99 each !
Actually Thompson's only offers a one year warranty on parts and labor
on their TruXP systems. As far as barebones kits are concerned. You have
at least a year on most pieces of hardware, Although most items are
warranteed through the manufacturer and not Thompson's. I actually know
their warranty policies like the back of my hand so if you should have
any questions, I can surely help. And speaking of network cards,
Thompson's sells a nic for $9 that is compatible with linux. There is
even a linux logo on the retail box. The cards are the realtek chipset
and work just great. I use them all the time. As far as stock goes, they
should be able to get your order ready within 24 hours if they by chance
do not have a dozen readily available. Hope this helps

Dan R