[SLUG] ftp problem

From: Gypsy (klgeorge@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 12:13:55 EDT

Hi, I have a problem I'm hoping someone on this list can help me with. Ever since my company installed a Windows 2000 server we can no longer connect via ftp to our Cobolt Raq3 web server from within the company. If I try to connect from home I have no problem, if I try to connect from work it times out. The web server runs apache (not sure which version) on Red Hat 5.?.

This was not a problem when we were running Windows NT 4.0 w/service pack 6 and nothing else has changed. All of the settings for the web server and the firewall are the same.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I'm fairly new to linux and have tried everything I can think of on the Windows side. Don't worry about giving a technical answer, I may be new to linux but I've been working with computers since before Windows existed. Give me a command line over point and click any day. :)

KL

--
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.