Re: [SLUG] ftp problem

From: Gypsy (klgeorge@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 16:23:11 EDT

>One quick note: Apache is a web server as you >correctly stated, not an ftp daemon.

I realized that after I hit send. :)

>Obviously the problem is not with the Linux >server since ftp-ing worked fine from the NT 4 >(cough) server, but instead is a problem with the
>Windows 2000 (did I cough, yet?) server. With >all things being equal, only the Windows (belch) >server OS has changed. Maybe if you installed >Linux to replace the Windows 2000 (ugh) server, >the problem would go >away. :-)

Unfortunatly I don't have that option. Win2k is what the higher ups want and I haven't been able to convince them otherwise yet. :) I've had more problems since we "upgraded" than I can count.

>I would suggest running the Windows ftp client >in full debug mode -- I believe typing "debug" in >the Win2K ftp command line (before attempting
>a connection) does the trick...

Thanks, I'll try that.

KL

--
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.