Re: XMMS For Video? was (Re: [SLUG] quick poll - who uses what mp3 player?)

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 18:50:11 EDT

Well, the avi plugin for xmms uses avifile, so it'll support whatever codecs
avifile will. Using anything else but xmms seems odd to me, since it sort of
figures that the more plugins you have, the more formats you can open, but
it's still modular enough that if you only want to listen to mp3s there's
nothing to stop you. To me, it kinda helps keep all the extra programs off
the drive (not that this happens anyway... ;)

Now, if it really did have all the plugins to play whatever came along, my
arguments would hold a great deal more water! Ah, well, it'll happen.

        Glen