Re: [SLUG] Mozilla fonts

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan.heffernan@shawus.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 14:16:43 EDT

Mike Manchester wrote:

> I'm getting too old for the 3 pixal fonts that alot of the web pages
> seem to be displaying now. I know I can select view->text zoom in
> mozilla to increase the size of the fonts. This works good for us old
> folks. My question is, does anyone know how to select a zoom size to be
> the default size in mozilla?
>
> Thanks
> Mike M.

Mozilla (and Netscape 6) has a great feature for folks who need to use
larger fonts. Under the preferences for the wheel mouse, you can choose
what happens when you scroll your wheel. You can also add keyboard
modifiers; on my setup, if I hold-down the Shift key and scroll the wheel,
the fonts get larger or smaller. This works very well. If you don't have
a wheel mouse, but need to vary the size of your fonts, it is probably
worth buying a new mouse. Of course, you can influence the standard font
size (should be under the Navigator settings?), but so many websites
specify sizes (badly), that I like to be able to quickly override the font
settings.

--ronan

--
--ronan