RE: [SLUG] windows emulators

From: William R Coulter (wreedc@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 19:40:49 EDT

You wrote:

Codeweavers has a package called "Crossover Office" that is explicitly
designed to run M$ Office under Linux (I think that this is a
specialized version of Wine). You have to pay for Crossover Office
($25?) and then you have to pay for M$ Office. Have you looked at
WordPerfect for Linux? I would expect it to be able to read and write
M$ Office documents (though I don't know for sure). Is there a Beta of
StarOffice 6 that you could try? If it reads and writes the docs that
you need, it might be worth the cash.
--ronan

I didn't know that WordPerfect works under Linux. When did this happen? I
have used that program before.

William