Re: [SLUG] *NOT LINUX RELATED* -- paper airplane?

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 13:37:06 EDT

Yeah.. I spent about 6 hours either looking for a searchable index of
articles or somewhere with back issues, but the only complete collection I
could find was the mid-manhattan branch of the NY public library. I think if
someone got the gumption they could pretty simply create an article index of
all periodicals published in the US. After all, I don't see a reason why the
publishers wouldn't already have that information and want to share it. Such
a person could make a fairly large sum of cash selling such a database ;)

I'd help with the organization if I could, but I have no idea what my
schedule for the next two years looks like. Maybe one day we could take a
look at what it would really take just to organize them to make scanning
easier... ?

        Glen