Re: [SLUG] Looking for an easy CD backup program

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 19:37:57 EDT

John;
I tried this and I always get an error

Prepare volume #2 for /mnt/cdrom1/home.tar and hit return:
tar:
home/mchester/.mozilla/default/tvd66swf.slt/Mail/tincan.rapidsys-2.com/Received.sbd/ATT
is not continued on this volume

When trying to read the second cd in the set. Here are the commands I
used. Maybe you can see something I'm doing wrong. Or is this the tar
problem I keep reading about?

tar -X /data/home.exclude --tape-length 570000 -cvMplf home.tar /home/*
When this pos and prompts me to insert the next vol. I open anohter
shell and enter
mkisofs -f -R -r -l -J -V "home 6122002" -o cd1.iso *.tar
After the iso is made I rm home.tar and go back and hit enter for the
next tar to be built
then do the same mkisofs put change the cd1.iso to cd2.iso
After which I put the cd1 in the drive and do
tar -tMf /mnt/cdrom/home.tar
After screen fulls of files I'm prompted to put in the next vol. At
which point I do and wait a few seconds for the cd drive to stop it
initial spin up. And press the enter key and I get back this message:
Prepare volume #2 for /mnt/cdrom1/home.tar and hit return:
tar:
home/mchester/.mozilla/default/tvd66swf.slt/Mail/tincan.rapidsys-2.com/Received.sbd/ATT
is not continued on this volume

I've tried this twice both times with the same problem. Any
ideas/hints/suggestions?

Mike M.