Re: [SLUG] School Project - Update - (RED HAT FANS...PLEASE READ THIS!!!!)

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 16:14:10 EDT

On 16 Jun 2002, Ian C. Blenke wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 22:52, David Meyer wrote:
> > Listen, call me a troll or FUD, I assure you that this call was legit, and
> > perfectly accurate. I frankly could care less if you believe me or not.
>
> You've given us no reason to doubt you. Some followup contact
> information would be nice though - I'd love to follow up on this one
> myself.

Time for some follow up research ...

   http://www.crbtechnologies.com , Mr. Meyer's domain, built
with a Windows tool, Namo WebEditor v5.0

   http://www.provantage.com/PR_66161.HTM?JASC12J

bearing webpages of a Windows style (.htm),

    http://www.crbtechnologies.com/about.htm

selling to a Windows crowd:

" We have extensive experience in all aspects of Information
Technology including Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000 and XP
Operating Systems; UNIX (Solaris & HP-UX); Linux®;"

registered just Februrary 1 this year,

bash-2.05a$ whois crbtechnologies.com
[whois.opensrs.net]
Registrant:
 CRB Technologies
 3031 Ridge Vale Circle
 Valrico, FL 33594
 US

 Domain Name: CRBTECHNOLOGIES.COM

 Administrative Contact:
    Meyer, David crbtech@tampabay.rr.com
    3031 Ridge Vale Circle
    Valrico, FL 33594
    US
    813-230-0141
    Fax: 813-655-9563

 Technical Contact:
    Administration, Domain noc@Hostica.com
    24430 Hawthorne Blvd.
    Suite #202
    Torrance, CA 90505
    US
    +1.3103757646
    Fax: +1.3103750892

 Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
 Record last updated on 03-Mar-2002.
 Record expires on 01-Feb-2003.
 Record Created on 01-Feb-2002.

appears to show him a SuSE dealer in the sidebar of each page:

   http://www.crbtechnologies.com/Business_Partner_Logo.gif

I vote for 'troll' ...

-- Russ Herrold