Re: [SLUG] What Do your acronyms mean and HELP!!

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 16:55:55 EDT

On Sunday 16 June 2002 14:40, you wrote:

> You forgot an important one, and one that we don't often say here
> (thankfully):
> RTFM -- Read The Fine Manual...
>
> Russell

Amen, Russ ... that acronym should be the LAST one out of the drawer.

Joe might want to visit and bookmark the Jargon Dictionary. I found it by
querying Google with "FUD".

Not that we would knowingly steer you wrong, but a trip to the Jargon
Dictionary will usually provide a faster and more authoritative answer. After
all, many of our answers are "IIRC".

http://info.astrian.net/jargon/

HTH*

Bill

--
  4:35pm  up 117 days, 12:44,  3 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.06, 0.01

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.

*Hope This Helps