Re: [SLUG] One more thing regarding Red Hat

From: Carson Wilcox (carson_wilcox@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 18:15:23 EDT

I bought a boxed set of Red Hat 7.2 for my new laptop
recently to find out the it didn't (I admit fault for
not checking) the new graphics chip set. I contacted
Red Hat support and basicly told they do not offer
very complete support for laptops, a rather short
sighted stance.

I investigated SuSe and didnt' get a clear answer then
looked at Mandrake and found that they did support the
chip set starting with 8.2.

The long and short of it is that I am now a happy
Mandrake user.

I will not ever user Red Hat or even suggest red hat
to any one.

Carson