[SLUG] What Do your acronyms mean and HELP!!

From: Joe Brandt (bytemepc@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 10:05:24 EDT

I am a complete newbie to Linux and newsgroups.
I read things like IMHO and FUD et. al. and I have no idea what these mean.
Is there a list of slang acronyms and there meanings that I can reference?

Thank You.

Also I am attempting a network install across my lan from a downloaded
Mandrake 8.2 edition off of Guild FTP in a win98 (which will be deleted
after the learning curve) partition. I get good connection, the program
goes into memory, the drives get partitioned and "an error has occurred
missing basesystem package". and goes into an endless partition loop.

I downloaded the iso's and checked their checksums before extracting them to
the C:/Linuxcd directory which I serve ftp from.