Re: [SLUG] Log File Viewer

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 17:04:06 EDT

On Sunday 16 June 2002 10:57, you wrote:
> On Saturday 15 June 2002 11:12 pm, Bill wrote:
> > Does anyone have a recommendation for a log file viewer? I want to be
> > able to quickly look them over and be alerted to new stlyes of attack
> > without
>
> I like X-logmaster myself. It is fairly flexible and has a bunch of
> predefineds that are useful. When you setup a new entry you get to select
> interval, delay and the mode (tail,cat,run). There is also a place to to
> tell it to pass the log through a plugin or filter.

Thanks Bob ... I'll look into this. I need something I can glance at and see
if I am in trouble or not and, hopefully, have more time for improving my
lamentably lame website.

Bill

--
  5:00pm  up 117 days, 13:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.01

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.