[SLUG] Apology--Re: This is for Justin as he chose to dump gas on the fire

From: Justin Keyes (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 15:39:26 EDT

--- David Meyer <david@crbtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Justin,
>

> I asked Red Hat (Chad was the name of the individual I spoke to in
> the OEM /
> VAR department) and I was told that I_AM_NOT in any way, shape, or
> form
> allowed to put any Red Hat product on anything I sell, whether I
> download a
> copy or buy a boxed copy. Red Hat says they boxed sets you buy at
> CompUSA
> make up less that 1% of their revenue, so they don't consider that
> the same
> way SuSE does.

Ok, I made a very wrong assumption here. I'm very sorry.

Red Hat is very impractical then.

BTW, I don't use Red Hat. I _did_ read Robin's post, but the
road I took in (egregiously) admonishing you circumvented what said--
that is to say, if Red Hat was not so (ridiculously) headstrong
about pushing some expensive package solution onto you, my comments
would still hold true and didn't conflict with Robin's article/post,
which focused more on a sidenote of why Red Hat acts as it does.

Again, please forgive me.

I had read about twenty posts and had thought I had a grasp on the
situation.

Sincerely,

=====
Justin Keyes, m9u35@yahoo.com